I do commissions! If you like my work and you have a specific space in mind, at home or at the office, commissioning me to create a custom painting for you can be the perfect solution.
How the process works
- Decide on the size and orientation you want. I can do any size currently on my Paintings page, in either landscape or portrait, and many other sizes and orientations on request. This includes square paintings, triangular paintings and single- or multi-panel panorama paintings, such as the first sample below.
- Discuss with me the broad outline of the colours you would like. This could take the form of, for example, saying you'd like:
- "pastel colours"
- "something with blue in it"
- "colours similar to [one of my other paintings]"
After we discuss the broad outline, however, the colours and composition of the painting will be up to my discretion (with no changes available) - you have to trust me!
- Decide if you want it framed or unframed.
Pricing and timeframes
- For most standard sizes the price will be a commission fee of $300 plus whatever the price of that size painting would normally be.
- Shipping is around $55-150 within Australia, depending on the size. Quote will be provided for international shipping.
- I take a 50% non-refundable deposit upon commencement of work and the balance upon completion.
- Commissions normally take around three weeks, but please contact me to discuss and confirm my availability as I complete commissions in the order in which I receive them. If framing is required, this takes an additional week.
Selection of previously commissioned works
'Geometric Alps'. Three-panel panorama. These panels are 100cm x 50cm.
'Coral reef'. Wall mural at Young Bloods Diner.